Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Things I carry

           I carry around my backpack five days of the week. But it mostly holds items I am forced to carry for school: geometry notebook, biology notebook,history notebook, binder, textbooks, pencil case, and the list goes on, these items don't represent me, they are stuffed inside the backpack, and only used if strictly necessary. For me, and mostly during the weekends, I don't leave the house without my cell phone, Chapstick, I-pod, gum, extra hair ties, and sunglasses.
          It's funny how I carry sunglasses almost everywhere. I get it from my mom, she won't leave the house without her sunglasses... rain or shine. They are just needed with Panama City's climate and I find myself longing for them when I forget to take them. Sunglasses protect; not only from the sun, but from many other things, they can hide your emotions on a bad day, they can make you feel safe and secure. I don't like to share a lot of my feelings with others, you could say they are my security blanket.
            I also take my  I-pod with me everywhere I go. I love music and head-phones can save you from some very awkward silences. Plus, everything is better with background music. Having your I-pod with you also keeps you from looking like a loner, you can just pull it out while you are waiting and pretend you are doing something important. I am an awkward person, and talking to random strangers while I'm waiting is not something I look forward to, you could say that is antisocial,  but I have enough awkwardness in my life as it is. It's weird how both of the items I chose help me stay away from awkward moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment